Canada Empowerment Campaign 2015
As Prestige made its maiden voyage into Canada, Pastor Taffi and the team were able to do the following:
- Visit three facilities that provide a safe haven for women in the nation’s capital, Ottawa, which is home to just over 900,000 people.
- Tour facilities that provide emergency shelter, temporary-, transitional- & supportive housing accommodation, as well as facilities that stand as places of refuge for at-risk women.
- Through these visits, helped to positively impact the lives of just under 100 women by aiding in the preservation and maintenance of healthy lifestyles through the distribution of carefully selected and packaged hygiene products.
- Enter some of the most vulnerable and delicate communities of people – among whom are the highly targeted Aboriginal women (reports indicate that about half of people trafficked in Canada are Aboriginal women).
- Venture into the underground world of the sex-trading streets, on a research mission to gain insight on the movements on streets where pimps and prostitutes trade.
- Reach out to groupings of women who are homeless, forced to live clandestine lives to stay alive, and women whose lives are threatened (statistics show that 30,000 Canadians are homeless every night).
We had the privilege to see change empowered in the lives of:
- Sex traders/prostitutes
- Drug addicts
- Individuals in abusive relationships
- Survivors of domestic violence
- Individuals experiencing family break-ups
- Physically challenged individuals
- Mentally challenged individuals
“We very much appreciate you remembering those…who have so little and require so much. Your contribution will assist us in serving the over 1,600 people that come to our doors every day in need of assistance. Thank you very much for the gifts you brought for the women as well, and for helping to make a difference in their lives. We look forward to a continued relationship with the Pastor (Taffi).
Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation
“Thank you for coming to visit…The time and effort of your group to come here means a lot to us. The residents truly enjoyed the service, and they were very moved by your thoughtfulness in providing gifts for each of them. Your generous monetary gift to Cornerstone is very much appreciated as well, and our thanks goes out to everyone who made that donation possible. We are thankful that you have chosen to support women in their journey as they move beyond homelessness and towards hope, healing and independence…”
Resource Development Manager
Cornerstone Housing for Women
Below are some photos and videos, sharing some of the wonderful experiences we had during our mission.