Thailand Empowerment Campaign 2015 - Update
Thank you to all of our members, partners and friends who connected with us in our latest missions. Because of #PeopleLikeYou we could #EmpowerChange in Thailand and Australia!
In Australia we were able to do the following:
- 3 Pots of chicken soup, 7 loafs of bread, 100 sausages and 80 bottles of water fed approximately 30 homeless people on Coolangatta Beach.
- 50 Tarps and blankets were provided to those in need.
- 50 Hygiene Kits, including toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, insect repellant, antibacterial wipes, and socks, were supplied in addition to 25 toothbrush holders and 60 disposable shavers.
- The children of Thailand have a future and a hope!
In Thailand we were able to do the following:
- Effective Aid's Teacher Training College was provided with a brand new LED TV and 8 brand new laptops (to educate new teachers and children in need), a motorcycle for the remote school at Klay Mu Kee and 50 more food parcels for the community in Noh Bo
- 100 Hygiene Kits, including toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, feminine products, and socks, were supplied to the students.
- In addition to the Hygiene Kits, the children also received food parcels, which included rice, noodles and candy.
- Approximately 50 Nob Bo children received medical care and were provided with vitamins.
- Sporting equipment, including balls and skipping ropes, were donated to members of the local Noh Bo village.
- 100 Food Parcels were provided to the neighbouring village.
- The 72 children living in Heavenly Home received a month’s supply of rice and cooking oil to the value of $1500, meeting their monthly budget.
- 50 Children were served at the Blue Skies School.
Below are some photos and videos, sharing some of the wonderful experiences we had during our mission.
Reaching out to the homeless in Gold Coast, Australia during our first leg of the trip.
Cleaning parks and ministering to families in Skate Parks on the Gold Coast leg with a combined team from CDGM and WCC Gold Coast:
Feeding and clothing street sleepers in Gold Coast:
Delivering much needed food in the villages:
Our team delivering food parcels:
Ministering to and engaging with the children at the Baan Fay Sigh school: